Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Last of the New Furniture











My family (mostly my dad with the help of other family members) has been in the process of moving my grandfather and my dad's oldest brother, Johnny, to the Lafayette Place. Eventually, once a good bit of renovation is done, Chris and Julie (my brother and his wife) will be moving into my grandfather's condo off Tates Creek Road. But to do all of this means a good bit of cleaning out and sorting through their things. They have been in Florida...and will return around the second week in March hoping to catch baby Waldroup's arrival...so in some ways it's been a bit easier to do things on our schedules and give me a chance to help before we have other priorities :)

Two weeks ago, we moved most of their items to the Lafayette. Last weekend, Andy (with the help of his brother Eric and Mark Moore...thanks so much to them) moved the items from my grandfather's place to our house. This consisted of a large buffet, a smaller buffet, a table and two twin beds with matresses. Somehow, the guys were able to get all of this into two pickup truck loads, which certainly impressed me. Also, Emma loved hanging out with Traci and Joni Beth for a

Then, Tuesday night, Andy headed to Baby's R Us to pick up our glider, which had finally arrived at the store. He was able to get it together without too much trouble. I guess he's getting some experience with baby-item assembly :). The glider is wonderful, and we can't wait to rock our little guy in a few weeks. We certainly feel very blessed with all we've been given and been able to pick up for our baby.

We finished the week with finding Emma under our bed. Perhaps she's starting to figure out that there's something going on...or she just didn't want to go to bed yet. Who knows what she's thinking!

No comments: