Friday, February 13, 2009

Another good week

I had another doctor's appointment today. This was my last "every two weeks" appointment. From here on out, I will be going every week, and Andy will be joining me as often as work permits. The doctor said we're still measuring well, the baby's heart rate is good and all else seems normal. Again, we have been so blessed throughout the pregnancy!

Our little guy is getting stronger, but his movements are a bit more constrained (for lack of a better term). He no longer does dramatic rolls as much as pushing out in different directions. I can definitely look down and see him sticking out in one spot or another...then shifting to another spot or back to the center. As would be expected, we think he's beginning to run out of space. This morning he moved for almost two hours straight, then relaxed the rest of the afternoon. His heart rate was about four beats lower than he's measured before at 136 (though still well within the acceptable range). With his big morning, I told the nurse who took the reading that I had guessed he might be sleeping.

According to the books, etc., our little guy should be about 5 1/2 to 6 pounds this week. And, he'll be gaining about half a pound a week from here on out.

Again, we appreciate everyone's prayers and support for us, and we will definitely keep you posted on our progress in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can't wait to meet him!! It's getting close and I'm holding open my March weekends for a quick trip to KY!

Love, Rachel