Saturday, February 21, 2009

Big Doctor's Appointment

So we had our first "weekly" appointment this week. Andy was pretty busy as work, so since we're still several weeks out, I was fine to go by myself...though hopefully, he'll be able to get caught up for at least the last few appointments.

The big news is that (a bit to my surprise), the baby had "dropped". I am 2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. While we're not sure exactly what that means, the doctor seemed to indicate that it would be a good start on labor, though not necessarily predict whether he will be early or on time. He's also head down, which is always good news. The doctor also said that she'd be willing to induce us as long as we're within three weeks of our due date. Though, God has blessed us with patience thus far, the idea may become more and more tempting as we reach the last couple of weeks. We will just have to wait and see what God and our little guy have in store!

We know for sure that we would prefer to wait at least a couple more weeks. My mom and dad are leaving in the morning for back to back conventions...first in the Bahamas then in Costa Rica (tough work I know :). They will be back very late on March 6th, so Mom, Andy & I, and I'm sure many others are praying mom won't miss anything. I feel like it's probably fine in terms of timing, but we certainly hope nothing prevents mom and dad as well as Denny and Lee from being at the hospital when their first grandchild arrives.

1 comment:

Kelly Johnson said...

Oooh how exciting!!! That is great news that you're already making progress. Thanks for keeping us updated. We will pray the little guy will hold off until all the grandparents are back in town...but hey, after that, early wouldn't be a problem, yaknow? :c) Let me know if you start thinking more about induction down the road and have any questions. We love you guys and are so excited that the time is approaching!