Saturday, October 11, 2008

17 weeks and counting

We're just over 17 weeks now. The baby is a little over 5 inches long and weighs about a half pound. I went back to the doctor Thursday, and everything went smoothly. They said weight looked good and everything else seemed to be going well. At the next appointment (which I talked them into moving up due to our Owensboro trip at the end of the month) will be on October 23rd. Assuming the baby cooperates, we should find out whether our little one is a boy or girl. We will certainly post this big news when we find out.

We also went to the UK football game today. A tough loss, but the weather was sunny and almost hot. Can you believe it's in the eighties in October! Or that we saw gas for $2.86 today. What is the world coming to?

After today's game and watching Midnight Madness (well actually, only Andy watched it...the baby and I were fast asleep before it started), we are beginning to think of basketball season...and about the March madness of our own. Can you believe we're actually due on the first day of the NCAA tournament? There could be 16 games and one little Waldroup all on the same day!

4 comments:

Kelly Johnson said...

Thanks for the update! October 23rd is coming up quickly...can't wait for you all to find out the gender and to see the amazing ultrasound--such a miracle. I also have to add, enjoy wearing that UK shirt while it lasts...most game days I am begging Josh to let me wear his because none of mine fit over the belly! LoL. Love you guys! :c)

Amanda Bradley said...

"16 games and one little waldroup!" I love it! Good thing most hospital rooms have tvs so you can keep up with the UK score in between pushes!

Unknown said...

Congrats Dana & Andy!

I found your blog while looking at Amanda V's. I am so excited for you & love weekly photos!

The Goad Family said...

Yeah! I love the pics. I wish I was there to see it all unfold. I am going to be in Owensboro from December 16-28ish. If you are going to be around too, you have to let me know! I just couldn't pass up a chance to see you! (and Andy)Love ya!