Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 28th

So we're about 15 1/2 weeks now, and the baby is about the size of a clinched fist. I'm down to one pair of low rise jeans that fit about half the day, and I actually have two pairs of maternity pants that I can fit into as well. But thanks to the "belly band", I still have enough pairs of pants for work. I go back to the doctor on October 9th for a checkup. At the next appointment (probably early November), Andy will join me to do a second ultrasound and find out whether it's a boy or girl.

We had a big week and weekend, as we had our Sunday School class and church staff (we're guessing around 50 including the kids) and families over for a cookout Friday night then had the Women's Ministry Mentoring Kickoff Coffee at our house this afternoon. We also fit in the visits with friends and the UK football game yesterday. Andy was a huge help in getting ready for all of it (here's him doing dishes at 7:30 this morning) and all went really smoothly..but I think we're both glad to have the house back to normal, including Emma who now has her couch back in the right place and doesn't have to walk into the living room with a confused look on her little face :).

Now we're hoping to move on to a few projects around the house before we find out what we're having, including some painting, installing the electric fence in the front yard, and maybe putting a swing under our deck. We'll see how much we get done...especially given that it's football season :).

1 comment:

Kelly Johnson said...

Yay! New post and new belly pictures! I was getting impatient. :c) I am excited for you all to find out what you're having...I am sure you are so anxious too. Hope you're feeling good. We miss you and love you!