Friday, October 17, 2008

Colorado Trip

So after a week visiting with a supplier in Colorado, I am glad to be back home. As I've been asked by a few people, I did not ski. (I would have only slim hope of skiing if I were not pregnant, so I thought this might not be the time to try.) I actually spent most of the week in Eastern Colorado, which looks more like Kansas & Nebraska than the mountains. Everything went wonderfully both in business and in fellowship, and I had no issues with altitude, food, carrying my bags or anything else...praise the Lord. The baby survived it's first four flights from Lexington to Chicago to Denver and back and its first trip down a dirt road (at which point I thought for sure the Garmin had me lost). The family I stayed with, Gil & Jeri Anderson, was so gracious and took great care of me. (With four grown kids and seven grandchildren, they had apparently experienced taking care of a pregnant woman before.) But, I know Andy was glad to see me...and the baby...back in Nicholasville, and the feeling was mutual.

We are at 18 weeks, and are so excited to find out what we're having next week...assuming the baby cooperates. We found out this week that our friends David and Liz are having a little boy (due 10 days before us) as well as Mark and Shannon (due about 6 weeks before us), so we'll see if the trend continues :).

No comments: