Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend at Grammie's

Last week, we had our final meals from our Sunday School class. It has been such a blessing and has really helped out as we've gotten accustomed to having a little guy to take care of in the evenings. It's also give us a chance to show him to so many of our close friends. Kenneth & Kristy (despite a busy week) made us dinner Monday night, and Jeremy and Erin came over on Wednesday night. As the picture shows, Joshua was a little fussy toward the end of their visit. We also had another visit from my cousin, Rebecca, last week.


After a fun week, we headed to my Mom and Dad's for the weekend. Porter's Youth Group does a Disciple Now weekend every spring. (It's basically an "in-town" retreat where the different age groups stay at host homes.) Andy and I had been leaders last year, but given our more interesting last few weeks, we had to pass this year. But, we were still able to share our house. Five 10th grade boys and two adult leaders stayed at our house Friday and Saturday night. Andy slept there and got them settled in on Friday. Joshua and I stayed over at my mom and dad's house...his first sleepover at Grammie's :). Andy joined us for dinner and for part of the time Saturday afternoon.

Saturday night, we had my grandfathers and uncle Johnny over for dinner. It was nice to have a smaller gathering where each Grandfather could take a turn holding him. Dandy held Joshua for a good bit before dinner. After dinner, Grandpa took Joshua, who was getting a little fussy, sang to him and rocked him until he fell asleep. I asked Grandpa if he'd done that before, and he said that with me, they had to bounce on the bed as hard as they could to keep me from screaming. I guess Joshua didn't pose too much of a challenge compared to that.

We came back home Sunday afternoon and tried out the Baby Bjorn carrier. Joshua really liked it, so we can't wait until it's nice enough outside to take him for a walk outside. After this weekend, we've decided he's going to love playing outside. Every time he would begin to get fussy, Mom could take him outside, and he would relax and calm down. I even did it on the front porch Sunday. We couldn't really walk outside because of the rainy weather, but he still calmed down. I was really surprised.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

so Joshua likes Barnacle Bill?